The Department of Homeland Security just told us that they can't find the 3 important pieces of paper that we diligently mailed to them two weeks ago. And here I've been, standing around for the past fourteen days with misguided confidence, thinking that things were driving forward.
The Officer that has been assigned to us has been very nice, so I try not to let her hear the tears in my throat when I leave a voicemail, asking her what to do next. She assures me not to panic and makes it sound like she's digging around the mail room herself. We really want to just send it in again, but it seems like she's on a personal mission to find it. So I thank her profusely and tell her to keep us posted.
Meanwhile, I can't help but calculate how the past two weeks add up into our total wait time. Our paperwork has been with Homeland Security since September -- 7 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment