So we plan and wait....but nothing is within our control. Hailey likens this extended wait time to a pregnancy that has gone beyond its due date. You can be all fine and relaxed -- "I have a goal in sight!", but once you're past the due date, you start to get anxious and to worry. Here we are, almost 30 days past our "due date" for the Letter of Approval, with still two more big hurdles after that before we can even make our plans to go to China. Meanwhile, she waits.
The boys named her "Katie." Spelling yet to be determined. But we call her that in the house now. "Let's save that for Katie." "Well, we'll make plans after Katie gets here." "When we go to pick up Katie...." They picked it because it keeps the hard "K" and "T" sounds that they hear in her orphanage name, "Qing Tong." It is not that I dislike the name Katie....in fact, I like it a lot. But it is a little more common than I had envisioned. Unfortunately, however, at the time I did not have an alternative at the ready. I still don't. So the little girl we have yet to meet and know next to nothing about has an American name. I wonder if it suits her.
No comments:
Post a Comment